New year. New card. Same coverage.
At WEBC, we take a member-first approach and provide you with benefit coverage and services to fit your needs. It’s why we’re moving our prescription drug claims administration from Canada Life to GreenShield on January 1, 2024.
What does the move mean for you?
- With GreenShield as our new prescription drug administrator, you’ll have a new card and the same coverage you enjoy today.
Starting January 1, 2024, you will use your new WEBC-GreenShield prescription drug card and GreenShield ID number to pay for prescription drug expenses in the way that’s most convenient for you:
- By presenting your new card or ID number to your pharmacy (or prescription drug provider) – for on-the-spot reimbursement; OR
- By submitting a claim online via our mobile app, by mail, or in person at
- Your current plan coverage (e.g., annual/lifetime maximums) stay the same – so does your coverage.
- You can continue to submit health care and dental care expenses to WEBC for reimbursement in the same way you do today – your health and dental care claims administration is not changing.
To learn more about the transition and why we’re moving to GreenShield, visit webc.ca.
- By mid-December 2023, you’ll receive a GreenShield Welcome package, with your new WEBC – GreenShield prescription drug card and your GreenShield ID number inside.
- If you don’t receive a GreenShield Welcome package by the end of December, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the meantime, if you have a prescription drug expense on or before December 31, 2023, present your existing Canada Life card to your prescription drug provider or complete a Canada Life claim form and mail it to Canada Life at the address on the claim form.
- If you have questions about your prescription drug coverage or claim status for expenses on or before December 31, 2023, please call Canada Life at 1-800-957-9777.