Service Update – COVID-19 and your Longshore Pension & Benefit plans
The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve and we know you are relying on us in this changing environment.
To protect our ability to operate we are working remotely. We know it is critical that we maintain core activities, including payment of Pensions and Benefits through this challenging time.
We recognize our shift to remote work has resulted in many changes. Where we previously enjoyed the opportunity to interact with you in person, we are now providing service online and asking you to submit enquiries and claims electronically. We thank you for your patience in adjusting to these changes.
We would like to make you aware of a few updates:
- Application available for ‘Leave related to COVID-19’: Up to 16 weeks unpaid, job protected leave is available if you are unable or unavailable to work due to COVID-19.
- Extended Health Claim form is now available in fillable PDF format.
- Longshore Active Benefit Booklet has been updated.
As a reminder, during this time we encourage you to contact us and to submit claims as follows:
- Email – scans and photographs are now temporarily acceptable
- Fax – (604) 681-7447
- Mail – please recognize processing times may be slower than by other methods of delivery
Direct Email Addresses:
|Credited time applications:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Enrolment, Eligibility & Prescription Drugs:||email@example.com|
& Covid-19 quarantine/self-isolation:
We thank you all for your patience and understanding as we work through this together. We will continue to update you on our operational status as we make changes.
General Manager, WEBC