This bulletin was originally posted on June 3o, 2006. It is as relevant today as it was then:
Constitution – Section 5 page 9 (a)
The Business Agent shall represent the Local in all disputes in the Despatch Hall or on any job over which the Local has jurisdiction, and they shall endeavour to reach a settlement.
The Despatch Hall gets very hectic trying to cover shortages, jobs, and transfers.
- Business Agents and Relief Business Agents are there to sort out problems.
- Business Agents will make a decision.
- After the decision is made, “back off”. “Undermining” a Business Agent’s decision at the wicket is not allowed!
- Not happy with the decision? Go to our Union Hall later to resolve.
- Discussion is o.k. but heated arguments cannot and will not hold up despatch or embarrass our Business Agents. Nobody wins there.
- Business Agents are entitled to give a suspension of 24 hours.